Pregnancy Ticker

Saturday, January 2, 2010

Happy New Year

So I'm a day late, but it's still the first week of the New Year, so I don't feel awful about it. I am excited for a new year. Well, I am excited for every day, but the New Year is always a nice time for renewing commitments. This year is going to be great. I will get pregnant. I will celebrate my one year anniversary with my wonderful husband. I will get better at keeping in touch with those in my life that I care about. I will get and stay in shape. I will eat right. I will start my book. I will blog on a regular basis. I will greet each day with a spirit of gratefulness for the opportunity to be different. 2KX is going to be awesome!

I think we have a good chance of conceiving this month. Even with our travel to the east coast and all of the things we had to do, I still think we timed our BD well enough to give us a good chance for conception. It's exciting because I love that we have done our part to ensure the best chance for getting pregnant. DH worries about me because he thinks that I think about having a baby way too much. But I don't think that's true. I do think about it a lot, but it's because I want to make sure I'm doing my part to be healthy and informed. I am a bit of a control freak (a bit), so I like to know the thing I can have control over. I can take my temp and use my monitor regularly to track ovulation. That's a good thing. I'm not crying every time I get a negative pregnancy test. I just take that as an opportunity to refocus my energy on trying again. Don't get me wrong – It does sometimes get me down. But I'm not worried about it yet. I am just so excited about Baby Lua and am anxious awaiting his or her arrival.

What's really exciting to me is the idea that I could still have conceived a child in 2009. I want to have a baby in 2010, so the timing is perfect. And since some doctors say it's good to have 2-3 months off of the pill, this cycle would be great because it's cycle #4. I am hopeful that the 4th time is a charm!

No comments:

Post a Comment