Pregnancy Ticker

Monday, January 18, 2010

It's going to be a great day

It's almost 2:30 PM here, and I STILL haven't gotten started on all that work I've been mentioning. And today is the last day to get it done. But I am still hopeful that the spirit will overtake me, and I'll get a bunch of stuff done. It could happen. Seriously, it could. It will.

It WILL. I have to keep remembering to be positive. It's not easy, especially when I feel the walls closing in on me. But they're not closing in. It just looks that way. But this whole being positive - believing positive - is a new thing for me. I even have to think about how I write this because sometimes I want to say one thing, but I know it's not writing with a positive spirit. I think it's going to make this blog less interesting, because I think people want to see the negative stuff. It's actually what comes easier to me. But if I am going to fully sign on to trying to change my life for the better, I have to try. I have to make an honest effort. And so, this is my honest effort at expecting the good things to come my way.

I bought a lottery ticket today. It's a big winner. I feel it.

And as I mentioned, I am trying to remember to add a "thankful" note at the end of every entry, so here goes...

I'm thankful for: My new mattress. I had been complaining to my DH for a while now about our old mattress. He bought it a number of years ago, and I'm guessing it was an active part of his single life. Now that we're married, I felt it was time to retire his trusty tool and get a brand new, fresh mattress for the house. Last weekend, we went to the store, picked one out (with a nice pillowtop) and it was delivered on Saturday. It's perfect. It's super comfortable, but we've haven't tested it out yet as he's out of town currently. But I think it'll be a great place for us to try out for our Halloween baby.

For the record I should say I'm thankful for my DH, but then I'd just end up writing that every single day. He's pretty great.

No comments:

Post a Comment