Pregnancy Ticker

Sunday, January 17, 2010

Thinking about trying something new

I am going to see whether I can hold off testing until February 14th (depending on when I ovulate). First of all, testing too soon is just annoying. I know why I do it, but I just don't think it's a good idea. I spend a lot of money and testing more often doesn't increase my chances of getting pregnant. Second, I need to trust the process. I am living as if I am pregnant, so it's not like testing earlier is going to help me make different decisions. From the fertile phase to the beginning of AF, I don't drink alcohol or anything with caffeine. I eat my meat cooked. No matter what, I am taking my prenatal vitamins, working out and eating well (for the most part). And third, testing early leads to more testing early. A negative test makes me think even harder about when I can test again to see if the negative is still negative. It's ridiculous. Again, I know why I do it, but it just doesn't make it any smarter.

That said, if my testing date according to fertility friend is before Valentine's Day, I reserve the right to take a test on the FF testing date or later. But what I am trying to hold myself to is really not testing before the test date. So that means I am going to have to avoid all of the POAS parties. Or perhaps join a POAS party for 2/14 and keep my word to myself.

Actually, I'm thinking about starting a Valentine's Day POAS party. It's a little early to do that, but I think it might be fun, and it might keep me from testing too early. But I think I am going to wait until my O day so that I can really know what day would be best. I'll just keep looking around for now and will figure this all out soon enough.

Anyway, I am going to try to end each post with at least one thing I am thankful for. Today, it is for my DH. He's awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment