Pregnancy Ticker

Monday, October 5, 2009

Working Out

Okay, I am the first to admit I hate going to the gym (or even going upstairs for that matter). I am just not super excited about working up a sweat. I'd rather cook or read or stare into space. That said, I know getting in better shape can only be good for Baby Lua, so I have started working out on the P90X program. It's going well so far. I've completed my second week and if nothing else, I feel really good about the fact that I've completed two weeks. I'm more flexible and I know my muscles are getting stronger. I am not following the eating portion. DH and I try to just eat sensibly for 6 days of the week and use day 7 to get our cravings out of the way. It seems to work (i.e. we aren't gaining any weight).

It's just so hard to stick to a routine sometimes when you're tired or just want to be doing something else. I know I am always looking for reasons to not do something that I feel is boring or hard. However, now that I am really trying to focus on having a child, I am somehow finding the energy to do things I would have had a hard time doing before. I keep reminding myself that this will be good for me and therefore would be good for the baby. I just wish I didn't need that external reminder/push to do things. Why can't I just be one of those people who have all of this internal motivation to get things done? My DH certainly does. I envy that about him. He just knows what he has to do and gets it done. I'm hoping that some of that will rub off on me. Even now, I am sitting here procrastinating. I have a bunch of things to finish for work and for my personal life, but instead I am sharing my thoughts with anyone who will listen about how I know I need to be doing something else. I'm such a classic procrastinator.

The funny thing is, as long as I am working on something (e.g. sharing my thoughts via this blog, which is an accomplishment in itself), I feel like I am being productive. In some ways, I think it's worse than doing nothing because I am psyching myself into a false sense of achievement. It will all catch up with me someday. But for now, I'm happy hitting the "Publish Post" button and moving forward one goal - documenting my life as I work towards becoming a mother.

No comments:

Post a Comment