Pregnancy Ticker

Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Tired

I am one of those people who gets incredibly fatigued during times of stress. When things go crazy, I get sleepier and sleepier. I think I've trained myself to be this way because I used to be get so stressed out I couldn't sleep at night. Without sleep, my life just gets worse. So I thought it would be better if in times of stress I could still hold onto one thing that would help me keep some level of sanity. That's my eight hours of rest. Now, it doesn't completely work - I typically wake up every three hours or so. And I can't turn it off when I wake up. That means that I am exhausted for a good portion of the day as well. But at least I'm not worried about having a heart attack or anything like that.

What am I so stressed about? Well, work is driving me crazy. Not because work is crazy, but as I mentioned before, I am a procrastinator, so things sometimes catch up with me and I need to get a lot done in a small amount of time. But that's not the only thing. I am worried that I am not charting my BBT correctly. Because I don't sleep through the night, I end up charting around 4 AM, to give me the best chance of having three hours of sleep. I usually wake up for good around 5:30 AM, so if I charted then, I would only have 45-60 minutes of sleep.  So, I have been taking my temps in the early AM and just haven't seen any discernible pattern yet. I had a couple of erratic temps, and that's why my chart is off. But until I get confirmation that I ovulated, I guess I'll have to try my best to keep my stress in check. Since this is my first month of charting and my first month off of the pill, I just want to make sure that I am actually ovulating. I'd be elated if we were able to conceive this month, but if all I learn is I have a regular cycle with ovulation, I'll be happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment