Pregnancy Ticker

Wednesday, October 14, 2009

I hate being sick!

I suppose that's no different from anyone else, but I really hate being sick. Yesterday afternoon, I opened the doors just to get a little fresh air into the house. About 20 minutes later, I started sneezing uncontrollably. That continued until I took some Benadryl before going to bed. Then I proceeded to wake up every 2 hours or so because I couldn't breathe and my throat was killing me. Then this morning, I wake up to a low fever which continued to climb over the course of the day until it reached 100.5. I finally took some Tylenol, and that has helped the fever. But my body aches, and I just feel so run down. I am pretty sure I have some version of the flu. If my fever shoots up again, I may just go to the doctor. However, I'm not really sure they are going to be able to do anything, especially if this isn't the swine flu. My temperature just doesn't seem high enough.

What's funny is I really fought taking the Benadryl and the Tylenol because I am not sure whether I am pregnant yet. I read that Benadryl and Tylenol are okay for pregnant women, but I just don't want to do anything dangerous. DH thinks I am maybe worried too much, but I'd rather worry now. The last thing I want to do is hurt Baby Lua. I'd be willing to suck up being sick if I knew it would be better for the baby. That said, I really don't know whether I'm pregnant. But better safe than sorry, right?

Am I crazy for worrying about this so much? I  found myself worrying that being sick right now may prevent my getting pregnant because my body will realize its not feeling well and may decide now is not the best time. I will totally understand if this is the case, but why couldn't I have gotten sick 2 weeks prior, well before ovulation!?! I know, I know - there's nothing I can do about it. I'll just suck it up and keep a carton of tissues close at hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment