DH is home from a work-related trip, and while I was driving him home, he put his hand on my belly and said "how's 'Me'". "Me" is his nickname for Baby Lua. I laugh whenever he says that as I think the name is closer to "We" than "Me", but DH is so cute, so I let him get away with it. He knows that the chances of my being pregnant are slim, but I think it's his way of being excited about having a child. I give him a hard time every once in a while, but I think he's wonderful. It's so awesome to have a partner in this process. It makes life so much easier.
DH and I felt a connection from the first time we met. It's been so much fun being married. (We tied the knot this year.) I know it won't always be all fun and games, but I am going to enjoy the good times. We have only known one another for about two years, but we're both over 30 and feel pretty good about our lives prior to having met one another. I think that's important because we both felt like we were ready to settle down and start a family and not feel like there was all this "stuff" we had left to do. We've both been a lot places, have great careers and done a lot of crazy things in life. (Maybe I'll write about some of those crazy things sometime.
I don't think I'll ever get traffic to this blog, and that's how I like it. I am a pretty private person, so in some ways, it's surprising that I started this blog anyway. But I'm trying to keep enough stuff anonymous just in case anyone does happen to land on this site. I have always had this dream of writing things other people wanted to read, so I guess that's why I haven't hidden this blog from the world. But I am also well aware that over time, I will probably share some stories close to my heart. Therefore, for now, I'll keep some stuff private.
That said, I've decided that I am going to try to write as often as possible as if I am writing to you, Baby Lua. It's so much easier for me to write to someone special rather than writing to a general audience. I really, really hope that one day DH and I can bring you to life! We love you already!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment