Pregnancy Ticker

Thursday, October 15, 2009

Feeling Better

Wow - I can't tell you how much better I feel now. I'm still congested and exhausted, but my temperature is normal, and I no longer have the chills. I felt awful yesterday and was so miserable. It took all my energy to talk, much less get out of bed. But I used yesterday as a test. I figure when Baby Lua is here, I'll have to take care of him or her no matter how sick I am. So, while I was having chills and getting a higher fever, I decided to make short ribs so my DH would have something to eat when he got home. This required about 30 minutes of active preparation (browning the ribs, cutting up vegetables, making the broth, etc.). I was hurting pretty badly, but I pushed through. In my delerium, I forgot to add salt and pepper during one part of the process, but it all worked out. The ribs were still pretty good, and now I know I can push through being sick when I put my mind to it. But it certainly wasn't easy.

No comments:

Post a Comment