Pregnancy Ticker

Sunday, November 29, 2009

Hoping my body is cooperating

I am having a really good day mentally. The 4 days off for Thanksgiving has allowed me to de-stress about life in general, so I think I can go into December feeling good. And that's important because the last 31 days of 2009 are going to be incredibly busy ones. As I mentioned, I will be leaving the country for a few days on vacation with my best friends and her best friends - I'm hoping the sun and relaxed atmosphere will help keep me calm. However, this is supposed to be happening during my most fertile phase, which is why I am really psyched about the 2 days of EWCM I've had so far. Then I'm back east for a week, back west for a week, and then back east AGAIN for a week. I would love to make that last 2009 trip back east with a bun in the oven...

The CBEFM is still only giving me a "high' reading, but it looks like I may be getting closer to a peak reading because I see a really faint line coming in on the left side, which I believe measures the LH surge. You can't see it in the picture below,  but you can see the right side getting lighter, which represents increasing estrogen from what I can tell.



BTW, can I just say that I am truly enjoying the CBEFM! I know I don't "need" it, but being a control freak, I truly enjoy the ability to have some kind of test that has results I can take action on. It's not that getting pregnant is another item on a to do list. But I am so excited and worried about it at the same time, that it helps to have something to do about it.

My DH thinks I am spending too much time thinking about getting pregnant (and spending too much money on stuff like my monitor). He's probably right, but I think only good things come of my investment in getting pregnant. It means I am preparing myself and being positive, which can only help things. Since the "newness" of trying to get pregnant is no longer there, I am in a nice, healthy routine. I read, I write, and I occasionally reach out to others anonymously for support or to provide it. I look at baby stuff once in a while, but I really spend the bulk of my time on TTC board/websites just to prevent myself from putting the cart too far ahead of the horse. Of course, I occasionally enjoy some future daydreaming (e.g. my mia bossi diaper bag entry). But I really want to save that stuff until we have conceived Baby Lua. Then I'll feel justified looking at all the baby stuff I want.

Until then, I just want to put all my positive energy into TTC. Baby Lua, 2009 would be such a great year to join our family. Daddy Lua and I are really looking forward to meeting you, so come soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment