Whoo hoo! My HCG level doubled in 33.38 hours, well under the standard 48-72 hour timeframe. I thought I would hit 1000 this week, but I didn't expect that it would be so soon! 1000 was the magic number because that's when my RE would let us do an ultrasound. So tomorrow morning at 6:30 AM we'll get to see the baby!!
Now, I know not to get my hopes up too high. I know the baby won't look much like a baby, and the chances of seeing a heartbeat aren't high. But it doesn't matter. Being able to see the gestational sac/yolk sac is more than enough. Just seeing Baby Lua for the first time will be life-changing. DH and I are so excited. (I need a different word - I keep saying "excited" all the time.)
Every day that passes, I am more and more committed to doing the right things for the baby. My doctor said no exercise, so I can't really do much about that. But I can eat well and drink lots of fluids. It's good for me too as the better I eat and the more I drink, the easier this pregnancy will be. I wont' escape all of the symptoms, but I can do my part to lessen their effects.
I'm going to be a mom one day. It's scary and amazing. Only 250 days to go...
I'm thankful for: A great doubling time. It's a good sign of a healthy pregnancy!
Tuesday, June 1, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment