Being pregnant has definitely made me even more sleepy than usual - as if that were possible. I am usually pretty sleepy in general, but I would nap a few times a day if I could now. The nausea is on and off - I didn't have any last night but felt it a little this afternoon. That said, insomnia is a different story. Last night was the second night that I woke up and just couldn't get back to sleep for hours. I usually don't have any trouble with sleep. It's on of the things I really love about me. When I'm ready to go to bed, I just go to bed. If I wake up in the middle of the night, I just turn over and go to sleep. But not the past few nights. I wake up and oddly enough, it's my stupid job that keeps me awake. I'm thinking about the silliest stuff that doesn't matter. You'd think with Baby Lua growing inside of me that I'd be up all night thinking about the baby's health or how we're going to afford it or how I feel about going back to work after birth. Instead, I'm worried about some stupid deadline I missed or some stupid e-mail I was supposed to send.
I think this kind of stuff is normal. Having a baby is a big deal, and everyone deals with it in her own way.
I'm thankful for: Not having gained any weight so far. I know it's not really the right measure as I know I'll have to gain some weight, but I want to do it slowly and smartly. A lot of women lose weight in the first trimester, so that's what I'm hoping for. I am eating when I'm hungry and am not counting calories, but I am definitely not indulging or eating like a starved person. But I may grab a milkshake one of these days. I think about it daily.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment