Pregnancy Ticker

Friday, March 19, 2010

1 week until the RE

So, our first Reproductive Endocrinologist appointment is Friday, March 26th. I am both excited and anxious at the same time. I'm excited because now that the testing is all done, we can get a good understanding of what our next steps might be. I'm anxious because I just don't know what happens from here. Will he say we should just keep trying? Will he recommend a few Clomid cycles before IUI? Will he recommend IVF with ICSI right away?

The other possibility is that we conceive this cycle and the RE trip turns out to be unnecessary. That would be the best news. We'd be able to talk to an RE about our fertility, and we'd still be pregnant on our own. This month we're both committed to having sex each day that I am fertile. So right now, this is Day 2 of fertility. We started the BD marathon the day before I was fertile, so right now, I'm thinking we have at least 4 more days of sex ahead of us. The good news is it doesn't really feel like pressure right now. Instead, it just feels like we are excited that we might be able to do this ourselves and want to feel like we've done everything we could to avoid going down the artificial path.

My doctor called today to tell me my HSG results were normal, so no issues there. I think I said this before, but the HSG wasn't fun. I took 800 mg of ibuprofen before the procedure. I had to strip from the waist down and sit on the edge of a table. It was like getting a pap smear. There were 4 people in the room, not including DH who there with me. They made him stand in a control room where he could see me, but also the monitor to watch them inject the dye. It was a little uncomfortable when the doctor inserted the catheter, but when he inflated the balloon that holds the catheter in place, it felt like a very uncomfortable extended cramp. Then I had to slide back on the table so I was laying flat on my back. They slid the x-ray machine over my abdomen and injected the dye, which I didn't feel (maybe because I was already feeling the catheter balloon). I could see the dye as it was injected and could see that the dye spilled out at the ends the way it was supposed to. (I looked at a lot of pictures of HSGs online, so I had a decent idea of what I should see.)

 
I guess that's it for an update from me. I am taking Mucinex extended release (600mg) instead of the Robitussin this cycle, and it seems to be working. I have had some spotting from the HSG, but nothing that I need to worry about. So we are going to keep trying for now...

I'm thankful for: The RE appointment! It's only a week away.

No comments:

Post a Comment