Pregnancy Ticker

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Scary Moment

So I was spotting over the weekend and ended up needing to go to the doctor. There were some tense moments when the doctor couldn't find the heartbeat, but eventually there it was, beating strong. And the baby was still moving around like crazy. We've got such an active one on our hands!

I hated that feeling of increasing anxiety and not having any way of knowing whether the baby was okay or not. I didn't want to call anyone about it because there was nothing anyone could do if things were not going well and they couldn't really offer me much reassurance if things were going well. So I just sat at home worrying myself. But the good news is all is well.

I don't have any other real updates. I'm finally getting my hair done since I'm basically out of the first trimester and we've both seen and heard the heartbeat. It has gotten uncomfortable to sleep on my stomach for some reason - it's not that the baby is poking out or anything. But it just doesn't feel good. And laying on my back for a long period of time feels like my stomach is stretching. Plus I know it's not good for me lay on my back, so I try not to. This means a lot of side sleeping and laying down propped up so as not to be completely on my back.

I'm thankful for: A healthy baby. Those few minutes before I heard the heartbeat were so scary. But now I know Baby Lua is really a trooper.

No comments:

Post a Comment