I scheduled my first doctor's appointment for this new pregnancy! Going through this a second time feels so different mentally. I am just as excited, but it's just different. I don't have the same kinds of worries I did the first time. Partially because I have a better idea of what to expect and partially because I am too busy taking care of baby number one. I also just realized that Daddy Lua won't be able to make as many doctor's appointments because I have to go to the doctor while Baby Lua is at daycare, which means the appointments have to be earlier in the day, which means it will be a lot harder for my husband to leave work. I know he'll try, but it is really going to be a lot more difficult.
I have having to work. I said the same thing going through the first pregnancy, and that hasn't changed. I am actually dreading going back to work again. It's not that I don't want to be productive - I just wish I was doing something I liked more. I don't even know what that something is to be honest. I love the freedom my current role gives me to work from home, but I just hate the way things run at my job. Everyone is just a little too intense for me. Everyone works crazy hours for being in HR at a non-profit. I get that we are all focused on our mission, but I would still like to better separate myself from my job.
Anyway, I don't want to spend all my time talking about that. It's ridiculous that my job takes up so much of my mental energy. Instead, I'll wonder about how Baby Lua and Baby Hudson will get along. Baby Lua will be 20 months old when Baby Husdon is born - how will not being the sole center of attention affect her? Especially if Baby Hudson is a girl.
By the way, I am not finding out the sex of this baby. Right now, I don't think it would change our behavior much, so I think making it a delivery room surprise might be fun. It will be something to look forward to. I truly will be happy with either.
One other thing to note, I have been a little sick this past week. Baby Lua was sick, then Daddy got sick, so I"m guessing it's my turn. Daddy has been a lot sicker this time around - all I have is a stuff nose and general malaise, so I'm really not complaining. But I hope to get back to normal soon - I have a lot of work to do and not a lot of patience to do it, so not feeling well will only make that worse.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment